Pew Pew Tactical and You
With a name like that, how can I take you guys seriously? You don’t have to…since we don’t take ourselves seriously either.
There’s enough of that going around in the firearms world, and all we want to do is to help out fellow enthusiasts level up their gun knowledge (while also keeping safe).
Think of us like your gun-obsessed buddy who is really awesome at explaining stuff and doesn’t mind doing whatever it takes.
What to Expect
- Quality firearms resource from the viewpoint of a complete newbie. We found there was a stigma online attached to new shooters who just wanted to learn but didn’t have a military or police background. Here, we spell everything out in the Beginner’s Guide to Guns.
- Honest and unbiased reviews based on actual, hands-on testing. You can learn more about how we rate guns in our How We Rate Guns & Gear.
- Time-saving recommendations in our Editor’s Picks for when you just don’t have time to watch all the YouTube videos and forum posts on a product. We’ve already vetted it for you.
- Detailed “how-to” videos and articles that get straight to the point and don’t skimp on helpful tips.
- Some really nerdy references and/or corny jokes that will leave you shaking your head.
- And finally…our awesome video course geared toward handgun beginners…Gun Noob to Gun Slinger. Only the most important stuff…without the attitude.
What Not to Expect
- Tactics for operationally operating operators. We don’t pretend to be what we aren’t. But we also don’t judge those that veer toward the “tacticool” side of things. We’ll be the first to admit sometimes we choose stuff just because it looks cool or <insert awesome unit or person> uses it.
- Political stuff…you won’t find much of it except some pro-Second Amendment stuff.
How We Work
Most of the products we review are bought with our own personal funds after careful research and testing.
But sometimes, we get stuff for free from companies to review. We always disclose this in the article and make it our mission to offer our unbiased opinion. We do not charge for reviews, and companies must agree that we will not alter articles unless we made a factual error.
Our guideline for recommending something is, “would we recommend this to our best friends and family?“
If the answer is no, then we won’t recommend it to you either. Because you’re our family, too (awwww)!
But, we gotta make money somehow to continue bringing you the most helpful reviews, keeping our writers stocked up with ammo and Hot Pockets, and those dang server fees.
You help us earn a little beer money in commission when you click our independently chosen links and purchase something. The price doesn’t change for you, but it helps us immensely.
Plus…remember to check out our online video course for handgun beginners!
Join Our Newsletter
Enter your email and we'll keep you posted with news and updates!
Founder, Eric Hung
Hi, I’m Eric Hung, and I know…I look like the stereotypical gun owner.
I’m a biomedical engineer (go Blue Devils) and an entrepreneur who previously co-founded an online math and science video tutorial website for high school and college students.
I guess I gravitate toward educating people about stuff I love.
And I really love my guns because…they are just fun.
I feel not enough people say that reason. Self-defense and hunting are all great, but I love guns because they are fun to shoot, fun to take apart, fun to compete with, and fun to upgrade. They satisfy my engineering impulse, and I love the peaceful Zen of shooting.
In my spare time, when I’m not Pew-Pew-ing, I play video games, travel, eat fried things, and spend time with my beautiful wife and cat Patches (Trigger and Colt were vetoed).
Editor-in-Chief, Jacki Billings
Hi, I’m Jacki, and I’m the Editor-in-Chief here at Pew Pew Tactical.
Though I grew up in the South and around guns (thanks, Dad!) I didn’t have much hands-on experience with firearms until college.
While working towards my degree in journalism, I also delved into the world of self-defense and started my journey to becoming a black belt in Yongmudo. That’s when I was introduced to the personal defense arena, and from that moment, I was hooked.
Since then, I have shot a lot of guns and penned thousands of articles related to industry news, concealed carry, first aid, and women’s topics.
I’m passionate about self-defense (and grammar) and sharing what works and what doesn’t with our readers.
Videographer & Video Editor, Jonny Villanueva
I’m Jonny, and I’m the person behind the camera.
My passion for shooting visual content began during my late teens as I snapped photos of airsoft guns and EDC gear…with a basic 6-megapixel point-and-shoot camera.
Two years of visual arts courses and a few camera upgrades later, I came on board Pew Pew Tactical as the lead videographer to document and edit the wild shenanigans that occur at the range.
In addition to snapping photos, capturing video, and editing all Pew Pew Tactical videos, I also manage Pew Pew Tactical’s social media!
Content Producer, Sean Curtis
Hey, I’m Sean, and my path to Pew Pew Tactical began in law enforcement — where I worked in SWAT, investigations, leadership, SVU, and firearms instruction.
After 22.5 years in, I ended my sentence early for good behavior.
Now, I work as the Content Producer for Pew Pew Tactical. That means I shoot guns, photograph what I shoot, do a little writing, and even star in videos about it all.
If you’ve watched one of our reviews on YouTube, you’ve probably seen me.
Jr. Editor, Wyatt Sloan
I’m Wyatt, and I was raised on hunting and target shooting from a young age.
What started as a few guns turned into a bunch — over 200 firearms.
I sprinkled a journalism degree on top of a couple of decades of shooting experience and found myself at the doorstep of Pew Pew Tactical.
Now I get to enjoy sharing my hobby with fellow and aspiring gun owners.
Media Manager/Co-Founder, Paula Li
Hi, I’m Paula, and I’m the co-founder of Pew Pew Tactical.
Aside from getting this ship up and running, I also work with brands and manufacturers for product reviews, news, and media buys.
In addition to our core staff, we also have a handful of writers that test guns/gear and write our reviews, best of, how-to articles, and more!
They work countless hours testing products and writing articles to help bring you guys the most up-to-date info on what’s good out there in the gun world.
Make sure to check out their bios at the end of every article…and say hi in the comments!
Merch…Yup, We’ve Got That
Check out our entire collection over at TriStar Trading Co. Thanks in advance for your support!
If it’s in stock…it’s actually in stock and will ship within 24-48 hours.
We’d love to hear from you!
- Order Questions? We’re NOT Colion Noir’s “The Pew Pew Life”
- We don’t directly sell guns or ammo
- No link sales or guest posts
- We’re not affiliated with “Pew Tactical” nor “Pew Pew Pew Tactical”