Wilson Combat turns 40 years old this year. To celebrate this milestone anniversary, the American gun manufacturer is issuing a limited run of special edition commemorative CQB Elite models. The Wilson Combat CQB Elite run is limited to 400, with specialized serial numbers WC40-001 through WC40-400.
Today we’re going to talk about the features of this cool new limited edition pistol. If you just want a quick rundown, feel free to skip down to the specs list at the end of the post.
The 40th Anniversary CQB Elite
The commemorative CQB Elite is an all steel 1911 style pistol is made with the latest Wilson Combat parts, including in-house produced forged slides, frames, and barrels. Trigger pull is 3 ½ to 4 ½ pounds.
While it’s certainly a collector’s piece, this model is also great as a carry gun, with a one-piece machined magwell, ambidextrous safety, and slide top and rear serrations. The pistol also features a Battlesight rear sight and green fiber optic front sight.
Wilson Combat gives an accuracy guarantee of one inch at 25 yards for the 40th Anniversary CQB Elite.
This model of the CQB Elite is available in .45 ACP (with an 8-round capacity), 9mm, and .38 Super.
The commemorative CQB Elite weighs 38.3 ounces unloaded and 47.2 ounces loaded. It has an overall length of 8.7 inches and a height of 5.6 inches. The pistol is 1.3 inches wide and has a sight radius of 6.6 inches.
The five inch carbon steel slide has 30 LPI slide top serrations and features the words “40th Anniversary” and “1977-2017” engraved on the left side, and “Wilson Combat” on the right side.
The 40th anniversary logo is engraved behind the right rear cocking serrations and the Wilson Combat logo is engraved behind the left rear serrations.
In addition, the pistol features a closed-end support plug with “40A” engraved on the cap.
The 40th Anniversary Commemorative CQB Elite has a standard black Armor-Tuff finish. The pistol has a handcrafted desert ironwood grip with a solid sterling silver medallion on each side.
The .45 ACP version has an MSRP of $3,900, while the MSRP is $4,010 for the 9mm and .38 Super versions.
The 40th Anniversary CQB Elite is available for pre-order now through Wilson Combat.
- Available Calibers: .45 ACP, 9mm, .38 Super
- Magazine Capacity: 8 rounds (.45 ACP)
- Barrel Length: 5”
- Overall Length: 8.7”
- Sight Radius: 6.6”
- Height: 5.6”
- Width: 1.3”
- Weight Empty: 38.3 oz
- Weight Loaded: 47.2 oz
- Accuracy Guarantee: 1” at 25 yds
- Full-Size Carbon Steel Frame
- 30 LPI High Cut Checkered Frontstrap
- Bullet Proof Round Butt Magazine Well
- High-Grip Bullet Proof Beavertail Grip Safety
- Ambidextrous Bullet Proof Thumb Safety
- 3 ½# – 4 ½# Crisp Trigger Pull with Medium Length Pad
- Bullet Proof Magazine Release
- Countersunk Slide Stop
- Desert Ironwood Burl Grips with Sterling Silver Medallions
- 5” Carbon Steel Slide
- Battlesight with Green Fiber Optic Front Sight
- 5” Stainless Match Grade Cone Barrel, Flush Cut Reverse Crown
- Closed-End Support Plug with “40A” Engraved on Cap
- Fluted Chamber & Barrel with Black Flutes
- 30 LPI Slide Top Serrations
- 40 LPI Serrated Rear of Slide
- Front & Rear Cocking Serrations
- Ball Endmill Cuts
- Wilson Combat Logo Behind Left Rear Cocking Serrations
- 40th Anniversary Logo Behind Right Rear Cocking Serrations
- “Wilson Combat” on Right Side of Slide
- “40th Anniversary” over “1977-2017” on Left Side of Slide
- Specialized Serial Numbers WC40-001 through WC40-400